Aubourn Hall Summary
- Address: Aubourn Hall, Aubourn, Lincoln, LN5 9DZ (Map)
- Tel: +44 (0)1522 788224
- Fax: +44 (0)1522 788199
- Owner: Christopher and Annabelle Nevile
- Administrator: Rachel Jerram
- E-mail: Click here to contact
Aubourn Hall Description
John Smythson, the architect, seems to have had a busy professional time in Lincolnshire and here is another of his creations and also the home of the Nevile family and the birth of Methodism. It is surrounded by homely gardens and the early 17th century three storey house in red brick has a warm and benign appearance and is very ‘Lincolnshire’ in stature.
The house is primarily a backcloth for the gardens which attract plenty of people on the less than 10 occasions every year when they open.
Opening Times - 2012
- 10th June: 2 - 5 pm (National Garden Scheme - Refreshments available)
- July: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th: 2 - 5 pm. (Refreshments available)
- 5th August: 2 - 5 pm (In aid of St. Johns - Refreshments available)
- 16th September: 12 - 4pm (Aubourn Hall Plant Fair - Refreshments available)
At other times for pre-booked groups, please contact The Estate Office on the number above.
Admission Charges - 2012
- Adult - £4.00
Your Reviews of Aubourn Hall
Barbara Riley (11 February 2013)
The garden is still being improved with new areas including a prairie garden area best seen in late summer. However, don't miss the spring plant fair, organised by Plant Heritage, on Sunday April 28th!
Audrey (28 April 2008)
We attended a plant fair on Sunday and were amazed at the size of the grounds. Under a tree at the front of the house we saw some yellow flowers we are still trying to identify. Well worth a visit.
Additional Info for Aubourn Hall
- Disabled Access
- Car Parking
- Historic Houses Association
Updating this Home
If you are the owner or manager of this property, now is your chance to update your information. In your interests, updates are checked to ensure that no incorrect information is entered from an unauthorised source.