Boughton Monchelsea Place
Boughton Monchelsea Place Summary
- Address: Boughton , Monchelsea Place, nr Maidstone, ME17 4BU (Map)
- Tel: +44 (0)1622 743120
- Fax: +44 (0)1622 741168
- Owner: Mr & Mrs D Kendrick
- Administrator: Mrs M Kendrick
- E-mail: Click here to contact
Boughton Monchelsea Place Description
Battlemented Elizabethan manor house standing in 150-acre estate south of Maidstone. Boughton Monchelsea Place has idyllic views over private deer park and unspoilt countryside. Still lived in as a family home.
This gorgeously compact house built in the local stone is homely, beautiful and available, should you wish to hire or parts of it throughout the year. I do admire people who can go on leading their own lives in their own homes whilst the paying guests revolve around them – it must take a highly specialised approach to life.
They also open to the visiting public in groups, accept wedding bookings and, with the aid of the odd marquee or so can cope with up to events for up to 750 people. A wide range of events find Boughton Monchelsea Place ideal for their purpose.
It is the sheer atmosphere of enchantment that gives the Place a special quality.
Opening Times - 2012
- April - September: Pre-booked groups only (15-50), Monday - Thursday
- Private functions: Monday - Friday, 9 am - 10 pm
- Outdoor Event Site: All year: 8 am - 11.30 pm
Admission Prices - 2012
- Garden & Guided House Tour: Adult - £6.00
- Gardens and Grounds only - £3.00
Your Reviews of Boughton Monchelsea Place
There are currently no reviews for this Stately Home.
Additional Info for Boughton Monchelsea Place
- Open All Year
- Disabled Access
- Car Parking
- Historic Houses Association
Updating this Home
If you are the owner or manager of this property, now is your chance to update your information. In your interests, updates are checked to ensure that no incorrect information is entered from an unauthorised source.