- Address: nr Wrexham, LL13 0YT (Map)
- Tel: +44 (0)1978 355314
- Fax: +44 (0)1978 313333
- Owner: The National Trust
- Administrator: The National Trust
- E-mail: Click here to contact
One of the most fascinating houses in Britain, not least because of the unusually close relationship that existed between the family of the house and their servants. The beautiful and evocative range of outbuildings includes kitchen, laundry, bakehouse, stables, sawmill, smithy and joiner's shop.
The stunning state rooms display most of their original 18th- and 19th-century furniture and furnishings, including some exquisite Chinese wallpaper.
The large walled garden has been restored to its 18th-century formal design and has a Victorian parterre and yew walk. It also contains the National Collection of Ivies. There is an extensive park with woodland walks.
Note: Due to the extreme fragility of their contents, the Tapestry and Small Chinese Rooms are open on Wed & Sat only. Most rooms have no electric light; visitors wishing to make a close study of pictures and textiles should avoid dull days.
Opening Times - 2011
- 12th March - 30th October: daily, 12.30 - 4.30 pm
- 31st October - 31st December: daily, 11 am - 3.30 pm
- Last admission 1 hour before closing
Garden / Restaurant / Shop:
- 1st January - 20th February: Saturday & Sunday, 11 am - 4 pm
- 21st - 27th February & 31st October - 31st December: daily, 11 am - 4 pm
- 5th March - 30th October: daily, 11 am - 5.30 pm
- Closed House & Gardens: 25th December
Gift Aid Admission (Standard Admission prices in brackets)- 2011:
- Adult - £11.00 (£9.90)
- Child - £5.50 (£4.95)
- Family (2+3) - £27.50 (£24.75)
Garden & Outbuildings Only:
- Adult - £7.00 (£6.30)
- Child - £3.50 (£3.15)
- Family - £17.50 (£15.75)
More information on the garden can be found on The Gardens Guide.
Your Reviews of Erddig
There are currently no reviews for this Stately Home.
Additional Info for Erddig
- Disabled Access
- Meals Available
- Live Entertainment
- Car Parking
- National Trust
Updating this Home
If you are the owner or manager of this property, now is your chance to update your information. In your interests, updates are checked to ensure that no incorrect information is entered from an unauthorised source.