You Are In Home
Mazes & Childrens Activities
UK Mazes & Childrens Activities
An activity much enjoyed by children, and adults of a similar disposition, is maze hunting. Whilst there are not many of these around the ones that do exist can be fascinating, or in the case of some, exasperating. Far more prolific are activities for children who, in general terms are less interested in old buildings than in the peripherals. Adventure playgrounds, wildlife parks, nature trails, cycle tracks, high-level tree walks, collections are all grist to their little mills.
Some properties have taken nature, given it a good transformation and created a club, say, within the prperty, where nature prevails, particularly where there is a high consistent local attendance. Children are very good at developing local loyalties, and stately homes, museums and wildlife parks are certainly no exception to this trend.
Selected & Featured Mazes and Childrens Attractions in UK
- Address: Bishop Auckland, DL14 7NR [Map]
Historically the principal country residence of the Prince Bishops and now the official home of the Bishop of Durham. Located on a promontory overlooking the Rivers Wear and Gaunless,...
- Address: Much Marcle, Ledbury, HR8 2LY [Map]
In 1096 the Manor was granted to the de Balun family, who were to witness the signing of the Magna Carta. Thereafter by marriage deed or gift, it passed eventually to the Mortimers,...
- Address: Thornhill, DG3 4AQ [Map]
The association of the Douglas family with Drumlanrig is a lengthy one, dating back to the 14th Century when William, the son of James, 2nd Earl of Drumlanrig became 1st Laird of Drumlanrig...
- Address: The Estate Office, Bowood, Calne, SN11 0LZ [Map]
My father retired in 1972 to his home in Perthshire. He left with the memorable words: ‘You may find maintaining the house and estate quite a challenge.’ Indeed, it has been, but at...
- Address: Fonmon, Barry, CF62 3ZN [Map]
The castle was built in 1200 and has the distinction of being one of the few medieval castles still lived in as a home. Its sturdy castellated walls are a curious mix of different periods...
Displaying items 1 to 20 of 717
- Address: Battle, Hastings, TN33 0AD [Map]
- Address: Summer Lane, Exmouth, EX8 5BD [Map]
- Address: Church Lane, Romsey, SO51 8EN [Map]
- Address: Corporation Road, Leicester, LE4 5PX [Map]
- Address: Kendal, LA9 5AL [Map]
- Address: Abbotsbury, nr Weymouth, DT3 4LA [Map]
- Address: Melrose, TD6 9BQ [Map]
- Address: Castle Street, Conwy, LL32 8AY [Map]
- Address: Aberdulais, nr Neath, SA10 8EU [Map]
- Address: Llangathen, Carmarthen, SA32 8QH [Map]
- Address: Mill Lane, Adlington, Macclesfield, SK10 4LF [Map]
- Address: Main Street, Aldborough, Boroughbridge, YO51 9EP [Map]
- Address: Avebury, SN8 1RF [Map]
- Address: The Tye, Polegate, Alfriston, BN26 5TL [Map]
- Address: Estate Office, Alnwick, NE66 1NQ [Map]
- Address: The Stables, Althorp, Northampton, NN7 4HQ [Map]
- Address: Quy Road, Lode, Cambridge, CB25 9EJ [Map]
- Address: Cottage Lane, Shottery, Stratford-Upon-Avon, CV37 9HH [Map]
- Address: 52 Southover High Street, Lewes, BN7 1JA [Map]
- Address: Appleby, Appleby-In-Westmorland, CA16 6XH [Map]