Tatton Park Summary
- Address: Knutsford, WA16 6QN (Map)
- Tel: +44 (0)1625 374400
- Fax: +44 (0)1625 374403
- Owner: National Trust
- Administrator: Cheshire East Council
- E-mail: Click here to contact
- Website: Go to the Tatton Park website
Tatton Park Description
“Beautiful and unspoilt , fascinating and grand, peaceful and relaxing with plenty to do”…. just some ways in which visitors have described their time at Tatton Park and what they love to do there. And with something for everyone it’s no surprise that Tatton was named Visit England’s best Large Visitor Attraction in 2014.
Located in 1,000 acres of beautiful deer park, the former Egerton family home is open for you to explore. You’ll find Tatton in charming Knutsford situated in a breath taking region of rolling hills, historic houses and market towns known as Cheshire’s Peak District. You’re welcome to uncover centuries of history at Tatton’s Tudor Old Hall and witness life above and below stairs in the Mansion. Wander at leisure through huge glorious gardens and take the kids to meet very special rare breed animals at the working farm.
You’ll love stopping off in the Stableyard where you can sit back, eat, drink, chat, browse and buy from a range of high quality shops, restaurant and tea room.
With over 100 events a year ranging from car shows to deer walks and food festivals to children’s adventure trails it all adds up to the perfect day out!Website.
Tatton Park is now managed and financed by Cheshire East Council on behalf of the National Trust.
24th March - 28th October:
- Park: Daily, 10 am - 7 pm (last entry 6 pm)
- Farm: Tuesday - Sunday 12 - 5 pm (last entry 4 pm). Closed: 18th - 22nd July
- Gardens: Daily, 10 am - 6 pm (last entry 5 pm)
- Mansion: Tuesday - Sunday, 1 - 5 pm (last entry 4 pm).
- Restaurant: Tuesday - Sunday & Bank Holiday Mondays, 11 am - 4 pm
- Restaurant: Daily, 10 am - 6 pm
- Tatton Shops: Daily, 11 am - 5 pm
- Tuck Shop: Tuesday - Sunday, 12 - 5 pm
29th October - 22nd March
- Park: Tuesday - Sunday, 11 am - 5 pm (last entry 4 pm)
- Farm: Saturday & Sunday, 11 am - 4 pm (last entry 3 pm)
- Gardens: Tuesday - Sunday, 11 am - 4 pm (last entry 3 pm)
- Mansion: Closed except for Christmas events.
- Old Hall: Closed.
- Restaurant: Tuesday - Sunday, 11 am - 4 pm
- Tatton Shops: Tuesday - Sunday, 12 - 4 pm
- Tuck Shop: Closed
- 5th,6th,12th & 13th April
- 7th & 8th June
- 26th & 27th July
- 2nd,3rd,9th,10th,16th,17th,23rd,24th, 30th and 31st August
Prices per Single Attraction ( Farm, Mansion, Old Hall and Gardens)
- Adult - £5.50
- Child (4 - 15) - £3.50
- Family (2 + 3) - £14.50
Totally Tatton Ticket (Entry to Mansion, Gardens and Farm)
- Adult - £10.00
- Child (4 - 15) - £5.00
- Family (2 + 3) - £25.00
Tatton Park Car Entry Fee (applies to all visitors including National Trust members)
- Vehicle Entry Charge - £5.00
- Blue Badge Holder - £2.50
More information on the garden can be found on The Gardens Guide.
Your Reviews of Tatton Park
Julie (21 August 2012)
Tatton gardens and the grounds are beautiful. The Japanese and Italian gardens in particular.
Vikki Watmough (11 April 2007)
Tatton is a beautiful place. I've loved visiting it since I was small, so much so that my husband and I decided to have our wedding there. It is the most stunning setting for a wedding reception and for a day out, I'd recommend it to anyone.
Additional Info for Tatton Park
- Dogs allowed
- Disabled Access
- Meals Available
- Car Parking
- National Trust
Credit Cards Accepted
Updating this Home
If you are the owner or manager of this property, now is your chance to update your information. In your interests, updates are checked to ensure that no incorrect information is entered from an unauthorised source.