Refine your search
Selected stately homes
Everyone needs to shop, but the range of goods on offer at Llancaiach means that most of our visitors actually want to spend money.
The most popular ranges with female visitors tend to be jewellery; toiletries and fragranced goods whereas men may choose pewter tankards, hip flasks, etc.
Looking for a special gift
Wooden and pewter lovespoons, Welsh wood treen, bronzes, jewellery boxes and accessories.
Toys and games, key rings, pens, pencils, notebooks and other stationery items.
Lovespoons, Welsh mugs and china, books about Wales and the Welsh people.
As a reminder of the 17th century presentation in the Manor
History, needlework and gardening books, posters, postcards, needlework kits and earthenware.
Open all the time
ST 113966 51.66115 -3.28376
From M4 motorway leave at junction 32 and follow the A470 towards Merthyr Tydfil. Approximately 12 miles (after passing Services) turn right at the roundabout signposted A472 Ystrad Mynach and follow the brown historic building signs through Nelson village.
From A465 Heads of the Valley road turn onto the A470 towards Cardiff. Follow this road past Merthyr Tydfil and turn left at the roundabout signposted A472 Ystrad Mynach. Follow the brown historic building signs through Nelson village.
: 2 miles from Pengam station
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Disabled toilets
- Education/study area
- Facilities for groups
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Regional Tourist Board Member
- Welcome Host
- Wheelchairs available
- Accepts groups
- Facilities for conferencing
- Facilities for corporate hospitality
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (ie without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to restaurant / cafe
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by ramp or lift to the toilets
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds) or access by ramp to a specially adapted toilet for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Baby changing facilities
- Restaurant / café well lit and suitable for people with sight impairments
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Audible alarm system
- Entrance is well lit
- Automatic door at the main entrance
Please advise of any dietary requirements on booking.