Awards for Avington Park
Historic Houses Association Friends Scheme
The Friends of the HHA is made up of individuals and families who, in recognition of their support, are offered free access during normal opening hours to nearly 300 historic houses and gardens which are owned by Members of the Association
Self-assessed Accessibility Information
Self-assessed Accessibility Information provides a list of available facilities and services, highlighted as being of key importance by disabled people. Along with Access Statements, which provide a fuller written description of accessibility, it can help people with access needs make an informed choice as to whether accommodation, attractions, food & drink or shopping establishments meet their needs.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to restaurant / cafe
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by ramp or lift to the toilets
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds) or access by ramp to a specially adapted toilet for wheelchair users
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- High chairs for children
- Audible alarm system
- Entrance is well lit
Ramps are avialable for wheelchair users - it would be really helpful to know in advance so we can ensure they are in placew.