Westminster Abbey Summary
- Address: 20 Deans Yard, London, SW1P 3PA (Map)
- Tel: +44 (0)20 77654 4900/7222 5152
- Fax: +44 (0)20 7233 2072
- Owner: Dean & Chapter of Westminster
- Administrator: Information Desk
- E-mail: Click here to contact
Westminster Abbey Description
Westminster Abbey is regarded with affection as the visible embodiment for that unique combination of church and state which is England.
Founded by Edward the Confessor, the church in its present form was rebuilt in the thirteenth century by Henry III.
The tomb of the Unknown Warrior and of many other illustrious figures in our history are contained in the Abbey. The scene of coronations, state funerals, thanksgivings and other great occasions, it contains superb architecture and has a fine choral tradition.
Opening Times - 2011
- Monday - Tuesday & Thursday - Friday, 9.30 am - 4.30 pm (last admission 3.30 pm)
- Wednesday, 09.30 am - 7.30 pm (last admission 6 pm)
- Saturdays, 9.30 am - 2.30 pm (last admission 1.30 pm).
Admission Prices - 2011
- Adult - £6
- Child - £3.
Your Reviews of Westminster Abbey
Helena Reed (05 January 2007)
Very impressive, one should not go to London without visiting this church. The architecture and windows were exceptional. The gardens and gift shop were neat too. People were making rubbings of some of the decorative stones. There was a wedding in the chapel when we were there. We could not enter during the ceremony, but it was great to watch them enter.
Updating this Home
If you are the owner or manager of this property, now is your chance to update your information. In your interests, updates are checked to ensure that no incorrect information is entered from an unauthorised source.