Witley Court Summary
- Address: Great Witley, Worcester, WR6 6JT (Map)
- Tel: +44 (0)1299 896636
- Owner: English Heritage
- Administrator: Visitor Operations Team
Witley Court Description
An early Jacobean manor house, Witley Court was converted in the 19th century into a vast Italianate mansion with porticoes by John Nash. The spectacular ruins of this once-great house are surrounded by magnificent landscaped gardens - the 'Monster Work' of William Nesfield - which still contain immense stone fountains.
The largest of them, representing Perseus and Andromeda, once shot water 120 feet skywards, with 'the noise of an express train'.
Step back in time with a personal audio tour to relive the Court's Victorian heyday and hear stories of the extravagant parties and the 'upstairs, downstairs' lifestyle - perhaps you will even find yourself waltzing romantically across the ballroom!
Opening Times - 2012
- 1st April - 30th June: Daily, 10 am - 5 pm
- 1st July - 31st August: Daily, 10 am - 6 pm
- 1st September - 4th November: Daily, 10 am - 5 pm
- 5th November - 28th March: Saturday - Sunday, 10 am - 4 pm
- Closed: 24th - 26th December & 31st December - 1st January
Admission Prices - 2012
- Adult - £6.50
- Child (5-15) - £3.90
- Concession - £5.90
- Family (2+3)- £16.90
- Groups (11+) - 15% discount
Your Reviews of Witley Court
There are currently no reviews for this Stately Home.
Additional Info for Witley Court
- Open All Year
- Disabled Access
- Meals Available
- Live Entertainment
- Car Parking
- English Heritage
Updating this Home
If you are the owner or manager of this property, now is your chance to update your information. In your interests, updates are checked to ensure that no incorrect information is entered from an unauthorised source.